Advanced Treatments for Anorectal Ailments
Advanced Fistula Treatment Clinic Dedicated for Anorectal Procedures
Fistula treatment in India :
An Anal fistula is an abnormal, inflammatory, tube-like connection that forms between the wall of the bowel and the skin of the anus. A fistula is usually formed due to the repeated filling of an abscess with fluids from the body cavity.
types of fistula:
- Blind (open on one end only, but connects to two structures)
- Complete (has both external and internal openings)
- Horseshoe (connecting the anus to the surface of the skin after going around the rectum)
- Incomplete (a tube from the skin that is closed on the inside and does not connect to any internal structure)
Causes of fistula :
Anal fistula usually occurs from an injury to the tissue lining the anal canal or by an infection in that area. An anal fistula begins with inflammation of the mucous lining of the rectum. The area then becomes an abscess as it is constantly infected by feces; eventually a fistula breaks through to the skin near the anus. Abscesses can recur if the fistula seals over, allowing the accumulation of pus. Anal fistulas are very painful and uncomfortable because of the pus-drain. Anal Fistula may occur as a result of –
- Constipation causing injury
- Infection in the anal glands lining the anal canal
- Crohn’s disease, chronic inflammation of the intestines
- Abscess of the large intestine
Symptoms of Fistula:
The common symptoms of anal fistula are::
- A vague feeling of being unwell or uncomfortable
- Swelling around or near the anus
- Redness around the area
- Drainage of pus from the area
- Regular discharge of pus
- Anal pain and swelling
Treatment Options for Fistula :
Treatment for Anal Fistula is often surgical. There are 3 methods of managing low-level Fistulae surgically:
- Fistulectomy: The fistulous tract is excised and sent for histopathological examination.
- Fistulotomy: The fistulous tract is incised and kept open to heal.
- Coring of the Fistula: Fistula tract is removed by a deep dissection around the fistula.
- Laser Fistulectomy: The world’s Smallest High Power Laser treatment for anal Fistula.